Our mission is to produce, integrate, and communicate high quality information that helps ensure safety, economic and environmental resilience, and sustainable use of the coastal ocean.
NERACOOS is a robust regional ocean observing system that consistently delivers high quality information relied upon to protect lives and property, empower coastal economies and improve the health of our oceans.
- better understanding the coupled coastal-ocean system is necessary for sustained use.
- being end-user driven and providing open access to high-quality information.
- being neutral and science-based.
- collaborating and providing leadership in support of regional, national & international coastal ocean observing and modeling.
- educating people so they can better understand their connection with the ocean.
- cultivating innovation and the next generation of ocean professionals and tools.